Early Care and Learning With STEAM
Very young children discover the world around them through exploring, experimenting, and trying new ways of doing things. They’re like little scientists in that way. By bonding with warm, nurturing teachers and interacting with a stimulating classroom environment, children develop a strong foundation for STEAM learning.
This is so much more than just daycare. At Pathways Learning Academy, our exclusive curriculum for infants, Learn from the Start™, focuses on reaching milestones in five areas:
- Cognitive Development: Developing the ability to pay attention, as well as engage and interact with others.
- Language Development: Developing verbal communication abilities.
- Physical Development and Health: Developing intentional, deliberate mobility of different parts of the body.
- Social-Emotional Development: Developing and practicing different approaches for getting their needs met.
- Approaches to Learning: Developing ways to explore the world around them.
Our aim is to shape young minds to become curious, versatile, and adaptable. Three unique classroom areas enhance their developmental experience:
- Cozy Area: Reading books, telling stories, having conversations.
- Exploration Area: Manipulating objects and interacting with materials.
- Movement Area: Exploring balance, coordination, gross motor skills.
Safety for Little Ones
Caring for infants requires a safe, secure environment for them to grow and develop.
- Safe sleep: Up to age 2, we place babies on their back to sleep. We have a “Lights On” policy. Plus, cribs contain only a mattress and tight-fitting sheet, no other bedding, blankets, or stuffed animals.
- Crib checks: Throughout naptime, our teachers maintain active listening and regular visual contact, while checking on children at regular intervals.
- Industry-best ratios: A primary caregiver provides specific attention to individual children, while constant supervision is provided by collaboration from the whole classroom team.
- Health and cleanliness: Using safe cleaning products, we follow a comprehensive schedule for cleaning and disinfecting. Also in this classroom, our staff wear dedicated shoes (or shoe covers).