Ready for Kindergarten
Our goal is school readiness and we want to see each child prepared for the future. In Pre-K, we advance our comprehensive STEAM learning approach, as we continue personalized learning experiences, guided by our exclusive Innovate to Learn™ curriculum. Pre-K children build their skills through 10 significant developmental areas:
- Approaches to Learning: Children develop their independence, as well as creativity and cooperation in the classroom.
- Logic and Reasoning: Children develop skills such as patterning, object sorting, and deciphering word problems.
- Literacy: Children discover language through stories, small-group reading (including chapter books), and journal writing.
- Language: Children developing thinking and communication skills through using language.
- Math: Skills such as measurement, graphing, and numeral identification are explored.
- Physical Development and Health: Children develop their fine motor skills, such as holding a pencil or crayon and cutting with scissors. They also develop a deeper understanding of health and nutrition.
- Social-Emotional Development: Children develop their abilities around cooperation, conflict resolution, and other critical life skills.
- Creative Arts Expression: Children are able to express their feelings and ideas through music, movement, visual arts, and dance.
- Social Studies: Children gain further respect for diversity, family, and community.
- Nature and Science: Children develop their ability to make predictions, observe, and generalize data through experimentation and investigation.
In this program, engaging STEAM activities are offered for individuals and groups, both large and small. Throughout this classroom, children will discover:
- Hands-on materials that aid with measurements and calculations
- Robotics materials that offer an introduction to coding concepts
- Creative opportunities: Reading, writing, dramatic play, and music
- Collaborative, small group digital experiences with our Inspire Plus interactive table