Mobility, Development, and Learning
Two can be a unique age, unlike any other. That’s why, at Pathways Learning academy, we specifically designed a classroom for this age group, to meet their needs as our most active little learners. Here, they can explore, discover, and develop, as individuals.
Planned learning experiences continue to be guided by our Learn from the Start™ curriculum. Our goal is to help children reach milestones across these important developmental areas:
- Physical Development and Health: Children’s awareness of health and safety concepts is increased.
- Language and Communication Development: Effective communication abilities are developed, using oral and written language, while understanding and responding to the communication of others.
- Cognitive Development: The ability to think critically and creatively is developed, as well as their ability to understand their world.
- Approaches to Learning: Children gain additional independence and individuality.
- Social-Emotional Development: Children learn to understand their relationships with others such as family, friends, community members.
In addition, there is continued building of a strong foundation for STEAM learning, through focused experiences in specific classroom learning areas that encourage children to explore:
- Art & Science
- Math & Engineering
- Language Arts
- Music & Movement
- Dramatic Arts