Healthy Habits, Healthy Futures
Our comprehensive Grow Fit program builds a lifetime of healthy habits. We encourage balanced nutrition and physical activity in early childhood that children continue for years to come! Through Grow Fit, children can reach their full potential and avoid chronic diseases later in life.
By joining the Partnership for a Healthier America and other leaders in other industries, we’re achieving the Let’s Move! Child Care standards.
Our program has the following goals:
- Physical activity: 1-2 hours every day, particularly outside play if possible.
- Limited screen time: At school, a maximum of 30 minutes weekly. At home, a maximum of 1-2 hours/day of quality, educational screen time. None for kids ages two or younger.
- Food: Fruits or vegetables are served at least twice per day. All meals are eaten family style, and contain no fried foods.
- Beverages: Water is available whenever. There are no sugar-sweetened drinks. For ages 2+: low- or nonfat milk.
- Infant feeding: We support parents’ choices. Breastfeeding moms can provide milk and are welcome to breastfeed during school time.
In the U.S., health risks related to poor diet and lack of physical activity have increased greatly. Studies show that one in five children is either overweight or obese by age six.
We offer a variety of healthy choices during meals and snacks and guide children toward trying new foods. You’re welcome to try them too! Just ask your school director.